Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Who am I?

Tomorrow (October 29th, 2010) begins a new chapter in my life.  I am being forced out of my job due to company restructuring due to the current economic environment.  What does that mean?  The company I work(ed) for closed our facility, terminating the employment of 380 people, due to the "Economic Downturn" or our great nation.  I have been blessed to work there for the past 10 years, I have met and befriended many wonderful people in those ten years, and some not so wonderful people as well.   I also met my wife there!   Well, now that I will be unemployed tomorrow, what will I do now?   Well, for one thing, I will give a shot at that thing called Blogging!

My name is Brian, I am married and have three daughters.  I also have a father-in-law with Alzheimer's that lives with us.  Since I am now unemployed, I will be his primary caregiver.  I have filled that role with my wife for the past 11 months, and it has been a journey for all of us.  Although we have had some rough patches with adjusting to this new life, it has been a blessing as well.   My father-in-law is 69 years old, he is in the early moderate stages of Alzheimer's and his name is Bill.  I will be blogging mostly about our adventures through Alzheimer's together, how I will fill my time at home while unemployed, and my attempts at trying to make money so that we can continue to offer Bill the full time support he needs.  

I also want to share my attempts of DIY Home Improvements that our home desperately needs.   The misadventures of our three teen-age daughters.   My political points of view, my increasing disgust of the lack of morals in our great country, and anything else I can think of that may entertain you the reader.  I ask that if you post comments to this blog, please feel free to share your opinions and thoughts, but to be civil in all respects, whether you agree, or disagree with anything I post or anyone else post on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment