Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 14, 2010

In Bill's Company

It seems like everyday Bill has an Alzheimer's moment, some funny, some sad, but all noteworthy. Problem is, that I seem to forget them from day to day, which makes it hard for me to dedicate a whole entry for it. So enjoy what tidbits I do write, and please feel free to comment and add to them.

Today Bill was sitting on the love seat on one end, and he had a pillow and blanket on the other end. He kept lifting up the pillow, putting it down, lifting up the blanket and put it down. He was obviously looking for something, I sat and watched him for approximately 10 minutes. He just kept repeating the same thing, lifting up the pillow, looking under it, picking up the blanket looking under it, rinse and repeat.

I finally asked, "Bill what are you looking for"? Well, I had a can I thought I put here, and I can't find it. "What was in that can Bill"? Well, I had some dirt and other stuff I had put in there, at least I thought I did. "What was the other stuff that was in the can besides dirt"? I asked. Just some dust and stuff I picked up and put in there, I think, but now I am not so sure!

Of course there was no can of dirt or anything. At least not in my reality.

Here we are 10 minutes later and Bill ask me. "Tell me one thing. What are we doing here"? Well, right now we are watching TV, I replied. "Besides that, what are we doing here"? Well we live here Bill. He does his nervous laugh and says "Well, maybe you do, but I don't live here." Now How can I argue with that? He has been living here for the better part of a year now, and I still have to remind him once a day that this is where he lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment